MAD Cyber Security Training
Focused Training Delivers Results
Cyber Security training plays a vital role in how effective we are at securing our infrastructures and protecting our critical assets. The most advanced security technology is virtually useless without a well-trained and knowledgeable operator positioned at its controls.
Most Cyber Security training is developed with a broad audience in mind, however our Cyber Security training is different as we pride ourselves in offering a full range of training options, that are fully customizable into a program and schedule to meet your organization’s needs.
Security Awareness Training
- Cultural Assessments
- Performance metrics development
- Curriculum development
- Training plan
- Comparative benchmarking
Role Based Training
- Arms your IT staff with the knowledge necessary to perform at a much higher level
- Contains job specific content that delivers a better overall learning experience
- Provides you with measurable results
- Can be delivered in person, online or in a blended approach
Virtual Cyber Security Training
- Premier online ethical hacking training
- Cutting edge content, with new material monthly
- Real attack scenarios
- Expert instructors and live support
- Cloud-based labs let you learn at your own pace
- Hands-on demos
Security Operations Center (SOC) Training
- Thorough SOC evaluation and training for all personnel, from the Level I Analyst up to the SOC Manager
- Linux/Unix operating systems and virtualization
- Network security analysis basics
- Intrusion detection
- Dynamic analysis techniques and technologies
- Advanced network security analysis
- Application of investigation techniques
IT Auditor Training
- Legislation, standards, and policies that drive IT Auditing
- IT Auditor’s roles and responsibilities for protecting systems
- Risk management
- NIST SP 800-30 Rev. 1 Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments
- NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4 Security Controls and their Structured Components
- Accurate assessment reporting
- Documentation of assessment results when performing audits
- Use of various approved tools for auditing including Nessus, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks
- Industry best practice methodologies and tools
SIEM Knowledge Transfer
MAD Security is an elite McAfee partner and has been the preferred services support company for the NitroView/McAfee SIEM product since 2009.
- Information gathering in order to understand objectives and ensure your organization can use all available tools to meet those objectives
- Incorporation of your objectives into our methodologies
- Tuning, optimizing and if necessary, adding data sources to your SIEM
- Assurance your organization understands our methodology and techniques
- Measurable results
Security Training Demonstrations
- Starbucks/Man In the Middle — Highlights threats and mitigation of using public wireless networks
- Phishing Awareness — How to identify and avoid falling for phishing emails, nefarious phone calls, popups, and other threat vectors.
- Home Network Security — How to secure a home network with ties to a workplace network, including security of wireless routers (Linksys, NetGear, and Apple) and the importance of strong passwords.
- It’s the Dumb Things — Based on real-life stories, this humorous and engaging demonstration shows that it’s usually not the sophisticated attacks that open up your network, but the “dumb” things that are preventable.
- The Data You Left Behind – Presents the data recovered by a real world research project conducted by us exposing sensitive data to include US and foreign military documents, 3000+ SSN’s and PII data for US National Guard Soldiers, Sales strategies and perspectives for fortune 500 companies, personal medical records, FAA airline investigations revealing extreme negligence by airline inspectors and mechanics that could result in catastrophic aircraft failures, and much more.
- Hijacking HTTPS/SSL Trust to Poison the Internet! – Highlights the inherent insecurity for the HTTPS/SSL implementation and our users trust through real world demonstrations against current sites for services we use everyday.
Cyber Security Exercises
- Security Offense – Capture the Flag
- Security Defense – Defend the Flag
- Security Operations – Secure the Flag